It is not forgotten by anybody who visited Kandy , the hill capital in Sri lanka. The lake surrounded by road. The lake was built by Meegastenne Mahaadikaram during 1810-1812 A.D. under patronage of King Sri Wickrama Rajasinha. Kandy Lake has a perimeter of 2.1 miles and a maximum depth of 60 feet. A decorative wall, called Walakulu wall, runs for 2060 feet along the banks of the Kandy Lake. In the middle of the lake is an island housing the Royal Summer House. Sri Dalada Maligawa, or Temple of the Tooth Relic, is located beside the lake across the road. On the opposite side of the road from the Temple of the Tooth Relic is the Royal Bathhouse, which is used by the king’s wives and concubines.